ARROW is a holistic coaching programme that supports the school in helping students in both character and academic development. Through time and the building of both trust and rapport, coaches and befrienders can make a deeper investment into the success and the well being of these students as we help them work through other issues that they are facing.
Opportunities to volunteer:
- Coach: Academic coaching (Maths)
- Criteria: Coaches must be at least 16 years or older and have a good knowledge and command of both Maths and English. Coaches must also have patience and have the heart to work with students, as well as, be able to build rapport. Coaches must also register with M.O.E. under the REMS/IRS system and be approved to work with M.O.E. students.
- Commitment: Monday afternoons 3:30pm to 5:30pm for at least 4 sessions. It is, however, preferable for coaches to be able to commit for the full duration of one three month term.
- Befriender: Assist in the conduct of the programme and provide moral support to students.
- Criteria: Befrienders must be at least 16 years of age or older and have the heart to work with students.
- Commitment: Monday afternoons 3:30pm to 5:30pm for at least 4 sessions. It is, however, preferable for befrienders to be able to commit for the full duration of one three month term.
Follow this link to sign up as a volunteer on our online sign-up form:
Alternatively, you can call us at 6100 2352 for more information.